05 June 2012

Goodbye, Ferd

Ferdinand Bardamu is hanging up his spurs.  He’s promised to archive his blog on one of Wordpress’s free blogs.  Nevertheless, he will be missed.

I’m not sure when I first appeared on his radar.  I remember being thrilled when he commented on this post, and suggested posting it at his site.  He was (and still is) one of the few bloggers I would like to meet in real life, and one of the few bloggers I admire.  I’m proud to have written for In Mala Fide.

One thing that I like about him is his willingness to engage with those who disagree with him.  I remember him once linking to Chuck after Chuck to him to task over some issue (I forget exactly what).  I also remember him linking to me after I took him to task for some minor issue.  He was and is a stand-up guy.

I know I’ll miss his presence and his linkage.  I like getting traffic, of course, but I also like having a good round-up of insightful blog posts on a weekly basis.  He was pretty good at finding quality writing, and even better at sharing it with the rest of us, complete with titillating images.

Anyhow, it’s good to see that he’s leaving the nihilism of his corner of the manosphere for something better.  Here’s hoping he has the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment