05 June 2012

Man.ifesto

Thanks to Ulysses, I’m a new blog to my blog roll.  It’s called Man.ifesto, and the couple of posts that I’ve seen suggest that it will become a new favorite.  In particular, this statement stands out:

I am not interested in comparing which gender has the shittier end of the stick. I don’t think that conversation is or has ever been beneficial, nor has it necessarily allowed us to get any closer to equality.

As I’ve noted before, this is the main reason why I’m not a MRA.  Quite simply, there’s no benefit to men’s complaints.  Women at least get off on complaining (I recall someone once writing that complaining is sport for women), but even then it’s still largely unproductive.  It’s best to simply remember that, for the vast majority of all men and women who have ever lived, are currently living, or ever will live, life is nasty, brutish, and short, and there is no glory and little comfort in it.  Thus, complaining about the generally unfavorable reality of life is simply pointless as it does not solve any problems, nor bring us closer to identifying their causes.

Anyhow, this blog is very much worth checking out and bookmarking or subscribing to.  For those who are too lazy to do that, there’s a link to it in my blog roll.

2 comments:

  1. meh, more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous- thank you for gracing this blog with your profound analysis.

    ReplyDelete