12 November 2012

Even Child-Me Knows Better


Here’s some hilarious news:
As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.
In truth, part of me is proud that my some of my fellow Hoosiers are willing to stop suckling at the pus-filled, bloody teats of the festering federal sow’s slowly-rotting corpse. However, it just seems kind of petulant to ask the federal government for permission to leave

When I was child, there were a couple of occasions when I thought about running away. Even back then I was wise enough to know not to include getting permission to leave in plans because if you want to leave, you just leave. You don’t ask permission

Now, I realize that the threats of secession are more of a political game, being played either to test the waters for secession (i.e. see what the federal government will do) or as a way to retain some degree of leverage over the federal government and thus keep some of the constitutional checks and balances still in play.

Personally, though, I’d rather this not be a political game, but an honest to goodness secession. But then, I really hate the federal government and really want to see it dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment