05 November 2012

Eyes



It’s been a while since I’ve written on Game, from a practical standpoint, mostly due to being incredibly busy with work travel, church, dealing with some family issues, and making plans for the coming economic collapse.  As a result, I simply have not had time for girls in quite a while. Fortunately, my Game skills have not diminished at all, as I found out this past week when I spent some time socializing in public for the first time in a while.

I went to a shitty Mexican restaurant with some friends last week.  It was a pretty quiet affair, with quite a bit of conversation.  There wasn’t any time to hit on any girls, but I was able to see how girls reacted to my presence during my one trip to the nacho bar.  While heading back to my table, I caught a girl’s eye.  She was at the restaurant with a man I presume was her dad, since she was on the young side (17 or so, by my estimate), and the man was old and obviously beta.  When she looked up at me for the first time, I locked eyes with her.  She looked down for a second, then looked right back up to find that I was still holding my gaze.  She looked back down right away, embarrassed to be caught doing a double take, and smiled.  I smirked and walked back to my table.  The incident lasted for all of two seconds.

The next day, I was meeting a friend at Arby’s to discuss a handful of things relating to the upcoming economic collapse (we mostly discussed preparation and likely collapse scenarios, and guns).  When we walked, the girl working the register—Savannah was the name on her name tag—immediately asked us for our order.  My friend ordered first, which gave me enough time to figure out what I wanted.  When she asked me what I wanted, I turned to face her, looked her in the eyes, and told her what I wanted, clearly and confidently.  She smiled.  She asked me for a name for the order.  My friend gave her his.

When our order was up, I went to pick it up.  I maintained eye contact with her when I walked over, and she kept smiling at me.  She apologized for one of the sandwiches not being ready and promised to bring it out once it was ready.  A couple minutes after I was seated, she came by to give me the sandwich I’d ordered.  I watched her walk over, and thanked her.  She just smiled and walked back to the front counter.

These might seem like small things, but one thing that I’ve come to realize over the last couple of weeks—when I’ve made a point of testing this—is that eye contact is one easy way to make a big improvement to your game.  There is not a single thing, with the possible exception of standing with proper posture, that conveys confidence better than making eye contact.  If you simply look someone in the eyes, regardless of where they themselves are looking, you are basically screaming via body language that you are one confident motherfucker, and not to be taken lightly.

Eye contact also conveys respect and honesty.  Basically, when you look someone in the eyes, you’re saying that you think both you and they have something important to say.  The latter condition is very important because it basically causes the person with whom you’re maintaining eye contact to feel some pressure to not sound stupid, condescending, or nervous.  Eye contact creates expectations.
You’re also saying that you have nothing to hide.  Whether this is actually true or not is beside the point.  Being shifty-eyed (i.e. constantly looking around) has historically been associated with dishonesty.  Looking someone in the eyes, then, is a good way to instill trust.

A fun way to learn the practice of making eye contact is to go to a mall or major store and simply make eye contact with every person that crosses your path and make sure that, once you make contact, the other person looks away first.  The only downside to this game is running into another alpha, for then you can get into a staring contest.  However, it’s easy to head off such scenarios by basically calling out to the other guy and forcing him to acknowledge.  A head-nod should do the trick, but calling, “hey, man” can be used to handle tougher cases.

Anyway, as was mentioned earlier, learning how to make and hold eye contact with other people is one of the easiest ways to make a significant improvement to your Game.  You should find that girls will be more interested in you and that men will take you more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment